10/23/2005

Good times

Got home about 3:30 this morning, from Mick and Kris's party. It was fun, hanging out with old friends, meeting newish ones, and I mangaged to stay sober, unlike some people, who shall remain nameless. (By the way, Nameless, you forgot the book, though I guess I should simply be happy you were able to walk out of the house under your own power.)

I had almost forgotten how much fun drunk people can be when you're not one of them. This revelation probably won't carry over to Becky's party on the 29th, but hey, that'll probably be the only night I'll be able to "celebrate" my birthday without having something to do the following day.

Headin' out to breakfast in a few minutes, then football. The 3-2 Steelers have a HUGE game at 5-1 Cinncinnati. The Bengals haven't been this good since they were getting the crap beat out of them by the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Hopefully Big Ben's knee will hold up, and the offensive line opens some decent holes for Fast Willie and the Bus, otherwise it could be a looooong afternoon.

Oh, and note to self: my 4.5-year-old nephew may still be a wee bit too young for vampires and Dracula, however re-animated they may be.

(Get it? Dracula, re-animated? As in comes back to life?

...

Oh, what do you know, you bunch of putzes...)

6 comments:

Jaded said...

re-animated! I thought that was very funny!

Angelkris said...

Hey- first party at my house where I stayed sober!! I actually behaved like a hostess this time.

Ithiel said...

like the pun 1031. Of course we don't get many puns round here.....


Had to, I"m sorry.

And yes I may have been plowed out of my mind, but you would have been too, had you consumed as many shots of barenjaeger as I had. We killed that bottle, I wasn't expecting that at all.

BUELLER said...

...I was. Glad you had a good time Ithiel. By the way, you need new wiper blades, STAT! Also, you snore when you pass out and the seatbelt begins to choke you. Just an FYI.

1031...Pleasure to meet you, we'll have to do it again sometime, well everything except the homemade honey/everclear molotov cocktail.

1031 said...

Yeah, I can't say that that Everclear concoction was what they call "smooth." Still had that taste in my mouth when I woke up Sunday morning, and I only had one shot of it.

But yes, whenever you find yourself back in town, beer's on whomever has a job, right?

faldwa - related to the Islamic "fatwa," the faldwa is a law regarding...help me out here, people...

BUELLER said...

Sorry man, I got nothin'. Google thinks you are crazy too, or Chinese.

Google Search Results for Faldwa