10/18/2005

A mind is a terrible thing to...something...

It appears that I am closer to getting that scrap of paper from UNO than I had initially thought. A few classes that I believed I needed are, I learned this morning, unnecessary. Rather than needing another nine general studies classes, I actually require only five. Instead of starting on my major next fall, I'll be getting underway this spring.

It feels good to have a game plan, so to speak, to be able to look at the list of classes I've taken and those I've yet to take and to be able to see a finish line in the not-so-distant future. Rather than being three years from graduating, perhaps I'm merely two or two and a half, both of which are, by far, closer than where I was at this time last year (which was, if memory serves, about a week and a half away from quitting the shitty video store job I had and driving north to spend my birthday in San Francisco).

I don't want to say it's a relief to know that I'm farther along than I originally anticipated, because I don't want to count my pre-hatched chickens. I still have to actually take the classes, and pass them, if you can believe that. But, yeah, I feel a lot better about where I'm at now, academically-speaking, than I did yesterday.

Perhaps this isn't so impossible after all.

3 comments:

Jaded said...

I'm glad that your closer than you thought. Keep working hard! You'll make it!

Pierce said...

Congrats on the good news, man. Keep at it.

Boston Jen said...

Hooray! You know that the older you get the faster the semesters fly by as well--- that's why folks who come back to school usually do so well (and I guess, cause they actually want to be there as well... that could help). Anywho... congrats on the shortened sentence, now plow on through and learn something! :)