10/13/2005

Minor update

The Cardinals won Game 1 behind the awesome pitching of Chris Carpenter and the incredible bat of Reggie Sanders, who became the first player to have multiple RBI in four consecutive postseason games. He's got twelve in four games. Pretty impressive.

And the Angels might have gotten hosed in their game against the White Sox, but they have three straight games in Anaheim in which to take care of Chicago, so they can't complain too much.

Oh, and I'm fasting. Don't ask me why. I've no idea. Maybe it's Jewish Guilt. I blame my mother.

3 comments:

argokirby said...

Perhaps your just not hungry. It could also have to do with the fact that your Jew...ish (doing that right hand wiggle thing) Remember for a second that Judaism is not Christianity (no to be pompus, but surounded by christians all the time its easy to forget), we do not follow G-ds comands because we fear his wrath, we do not follow G-ds commands because we hope we will be rewarded in the after life, we simple follow G-ds commands because it pleases us to serve our lord. So maybe you just find it pleasurable to obey the lord, that's allowed!

Did you check out Judaism 101 web sight. I found it very refreshing and a good reminder how Judaism is so different from Christianity. http://www.jewfaq.org/

Ithiel said...

You're forgetting the fact that he doesn't believe in God. How would he follow His commands because it's pleasurable if he's convinced himself that it was nothing but a farce, a way to control the people anyways?


Also I'm glad to hear the Card's won game 1. I have a friend in Chicago who's a die hard Sox fan(and fanatical Cub's Hater), so I've been getting both barrels from her about their season. I told her I support the Cardinals just to stir the pot :D

1031 said...

Excellent point. Like I said in the post, I think it's my mother's fault. When I was younger, she would always guilt me, or attempt to, into going to services. So I think my fasting is merely to placate her, to throw her a bone, so to speak. That's the best explanation I can come up with right now.