10/11/2005

Monday

Who said Mondays are terrible?

The Yankees lost to the Angels and are out of the playoffs. (Smiles)

The Steelers drove down the field with a minute and a half left and kicked a field goal to beat the Chargers, 24-22. (Bigger smile)

However, Ben Roethlisberger (didn't even have to look up how to spell it), the Steelers QB, got hit in the knee towards the very end of the game. It didn't look very good. Knees aren't supposed to bend that way. They'll know more after an MRI later today. (Grimaces)

Oh, and the Penguins have somehow managed to lose three straight OT games, which isn't as bad as it sounds, because, somehow, they're still only one point behind New Jersey for top spot in the division. Still, a notch in the Win column one of these days would be nice. (Cautious optimism)

But hey, did I mention that the Yankees lost? Can you imagine that? The rest of the postseason without having to hear anything about the Yankees or Red Sox, though I'm sure they'll manage to mention one or both of the teams at least once during every, single ALCS and World Series game. But that's why god invented the mute button, because of broadcasters like Tim McCarver.

Had my second algebra test last night. I think I did pretty well. Only two problems really made me think about them, which either means I was smart enough to know how to do the other problems, or I was dumb enough to think I knew how to do them. I'll find out Wednesday.

That's all I got for yesterday. Not much else happened. Got some geography labs to work on today, for the quiz tomorrow. I guess I'll get right on that.

Oh, and how 'bout them Yankees?

4 comments:

Jaded said...

"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax." -Mike Royko

Pierce said...

Yep, that's about the only thing that's made this postseason worthwhile. I suppose I'll be cheering for the Cards now - it'd be cool to see them win it all in the final year at Busch I.

1031 said...

Sorry about your Braves. I mean, I wouldn't been rooting against them in the ALCS anyway, but I still wanted them to get there.

I figured the Cardinals would have had an easier time with them than the upcoming more-than-likely-seven-game-series against the Astros.

I'm thinkin' Cardinals/White Sox World Series. St. Louis in seven, sending old Busch out in a blaze of glory.

rainbowponi said...

sports stuff...blah.