11/01/2005

27 and a day

Don't you just hate having to go to class (or work, for those of you who work) on your birthday? There's just something fundamentally wrong with it, because it's ingrained into you when you're a kid that birthdays are all fun and games and excitement and wheeeee, but as you get older responsibilities take precedence, so birthdays are not-so-much fun as they are just another day.

Which is not to say that my birthday was horrible or anything. I found out I got an 86 on my geography test from last week, which is not as good as I thought I had done, but I'm getting a 92 in the class overall, so I can't complain too much. The questions I got wrong, my mind went blank at the time, so I guessed, but in hindsight, I should have known the answers. Or, at least, guessed better.

And the current algebra chapter continues to be quite easy, which worries me a bit, as I don't want to get complacent, but it's just not taking a whole lot of brain power right now. I can't really complain about it.

My sister and her family came over last night after I got out of class. We had cake, watched football (Go Steelers!), it was nice 'n quiet. Received a few phone calls and text messages and unexpected packages in the mail wishing me a happy birthday (thanks again, everyone), so, yeah, it was a pretty decent day. Nothing like the huge gay party I was at last year in San Francisco, but still good.

And now I'm off to spend the money my grandmother sent me, because she wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

mEg said...

I think it sounds like good stuff. It's all about not being overwhelmed. Although you had class, it seems like an otherwise relaxing day. You just can't always expect a big gay party.

ComicFanatic said...

Well, i'm sure that some people could. Just not 1031, and I don't think he feels to horribly bad about that.

1031 said...

I dunno, man. Those SF gays sure know how to throw a party. It was, like, four square blocks of costumed revelry and live music. It was pretty cool.

ComicFanatic said...

I didn't mean it in that way, I meant that I didn't see you as the guy who wanted a huge big party each year for your birthday. I could be wrong.

Becky said...

i managed to be sick on my birthday almost every other year in grade school. that's about as much fun as going to work...

1031 said...

Oooooh, gotcha, ComFan. Yeah, I'm not real big on huge parties, gay or otherwise. Some friends, some beers, and I'm good to go. As long as I'm not, you know, sick.