11/09/2005

An explanation and a link

I don't know if anyone's really noticed, but I've attempted to keep news and politics off of this main site. That was part of the problem with my previous blog. I got overwhelmed by a weird desire, a burning need to post every little bit of news I found. It was exhausting, and not the reason I had initially created the blog for in the first place, and I don't want that to happen again with this blog.

That being said, I do like to keep track of national and world news, be it political in nature, or just plain silly, and I created Nothin' But Links as a repository for such items.

I'm pointing this out now because I just posted a really great piece by one of my all-time favorite writers, Jimmy Breslin (courtesy of Common Dreams and Newsday), and I didn't want it to go unnoticed.

Read and enjoy. Or become enraged. Whichever way you lean.

No comments: