12/04/2005

Home again

Got back from Minneapolis a couple of hours ago. It was an uneventful drive with very little traffic, seventy-five MPH the whole way.

It was nice to see Ryan and Jami again, though it'd only been a week since I saw them last, rather than the usual two or three months in-between visits. Got a chance to see their apartment before they start moving into their new house at the end of the month.

The reading/signing at Dreamhaven was fun, though it made for a bit of a long day. It started around two. Neil spoke for a bit, then read a little from his new novel, Anansi Boys, followed by a brief Q&A before the "signing" portion of the day began. From the end of the Q&A to Ryan, Jami, and I getting our books signed was about three hours, give or take. That's a lot of standing around in a bookstore, lemme tell ya.

Also, I think I'm starting to run out of things to ask Neil to sign for me.

Not much else to write about at the moment. Got a short essay I need to write for my philosophy class, so I suppose I should get started.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Chion said...

you DO know that the weather up in Minnesota is making the news, yeah? I visited in February of last year- Totally worth it, and totally fucking freezing.
The CD on my site is, i think, the fifth version of "Fin:". Want me to send it to ya? It's got some really good new ones... :) Hope you're well- and thanks for all the little notes you've left!

1031 said...

Why would MN weather be making the news all the way out in CT? This is news to me.

And I would totally love a copy of the CD. I really enjoyed the last one. I'll email you with an updated address. Is this one like the disc you took to that Bright Eyes show?