2/05/2006

T-minus 7 hours to kickoff

The two weeks between the AFC and NFC championship games and the Super Bowl are, without a doubt, the most worthless in all of sports. All they do is wax idiotic about the Super Bowl, the most consistently over-hyped event on the sports calander. All. Day. Every. Day. It's positively nauseating.

Thank god the game is finally upon us. After today, we can all get back to what's really important: Pitchers and Catchers Report in a week and a half.

Yesterday, I finished reading The Prestige, by Christopher Priest. Took me a little while to read it, through no fault of its own. I was mainly reading it at night, before bed, so I'd only get about thirty pages read before my eyes would decide to stop focusing.

The book's about two rival magicians at the end of the 19th Century (and their descendants), each one constantly trying to one-up the other on-stage. It was really good, very well-written. I got a great sense of the London of that time period, and of how early magicians plied their trade.

The book went to some very unexpected places, too. I wasn't exactly sure what it was about when I first started reading, aside from two rival magicians in England, and I was definitely surprised by the end. I can't wait to see what Chris (Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins) Nolan does with it as a film.

Next up is Broken Angels, by Richard Morgan, his second novel. I really enjoyed his first and third (which is unrelated to the first two), so I think I'll be able to get through this one fairly quickly as long as, you know, school doesn't interfere too much.

With that, I have some labs and a take-home quiz to work on before the game. Gee, I hope I have enough time.

Let's go, Black & Gold. You guys have earned this.
Steelers by 10.

2 comments:

Boston Jen said...

You called it! Congrats.

Pierce said...

Great call, man.