3/31/2006

New tunes

I did have a little extra cash earlier in the week, so I stopped by Best Buy to see what new CDs had come out. It had been a little while since I bought any new music. Illegally downloading is just too tempting.

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album came out this week. It's good. I like it, but it's not quite what I was expecting. It sounds so much more polished than their last album, not as raw or energetic. It's pretty mellow, actually. Karen O doesn't screech or shout or anything. Like I said, it's good, just different. Really looking forward to the concert next month.

I also picked up Ghostface Killah's new solo CD. There are a bunch of great tracks on this album, including a reunion with the rest of the Wu-Tang Clan and a collaboration with the late(?) B.I.G. (he is dead, isn't he? I only ask cause he seems to have released more albums since his "death" than before, kinda like Tupac)and Raekwon. Plus, anyone that namedrops Tony Stark and Iron Man on their album is cool with me.

Oh, oh, and my invitation to Jennie and Dave's wedding came in the mail yesterday. Jennie did a great job with the invites and the wedding website (which I would post a link to, but I dunno if she'd be cool with that). She even has it set up so you can RSVP and choose your meal online. Very nice. I wonder if I was the first one to RSVP via the internets...

3 comments:

AliKat said...

I don't know, I RSVPed right after I got it yesterday so I may have beaten you to it. That was really cool though.

Angelkris said...

I don't know what my deal it- I don't really purchase music anymore. (I don't steal it either.) The last CD I bought was Alanis Morissette's (sp?) re-release of Jagged Little Pill Acoustic style for Mick for Christmas. And- I don't even remember the one before that- maybe The Killers?

raptorpack said...

My last CD's were Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists (as I throw the "to much metal for one hand" horns), Bloodhound Gang: Hefty Fine, and Matisyahu: Live at Stubb's.