3/09/2006

Not-quite-a-rant

This is going to start off sounding like a rant, but it really isn't one. I've been too exhausted lately to rant much about anything of any importance (or anything trivial, for that matter).

As most everybody should know by now, I'm sick and tired of anonymous comments. Now that I've turned on the comment moderation option, I can spare the rest of you from reading them, but I still have to see them, and I would really rather not.

A person who does not sign their name to their comments is, to me, quite akin to a coward. If they do not have the decency (or balls) to attach their name to their thoughts, then, quite frankly, I don't give a damn what those thoughts are. Anonymous anything mean nothing to me. Fuck off. I don't care.

If you're too childish and immature to stand by your thoughts, grow up. This isn't high school anymore. If you have something to say to me, my email is right there on the blog. I have AIM, ICQ and Yahoo! Messenger. I even have a cell phone. If I don't know who you are, I don't care what you have to say.

That being said, Spring break is apparently next week, and while I have a class at Metro on Wednesday evenings, the rest of my week is free (though I believe I'll have an assignment to do over break for my Media Writing class, but that's just writing, which I do anyway). I'm always a fan of free time, though I don't always use mine constructively, but there's something to be said for slothfulness (in limited quantities, of course).

My new Metro class is Comparative Religions, or World Religions, or whatever you wish to call it. It should be fairly interesting, because, even though I'm not exactly what one might call a fan of organized religion (or a "God" in general), I'm fascinated by all the various belief systems that people adhere to. I think this is because I honestly don't get it. I don't understand how or why, today, in the 21st century, people can still believe that the earth was created in 6 days, evolution hasn't been happening, or that Jesus was a white guy. I just don't get it.

I think I'm doing fairly well in my two UNO classes. A's in both, I think, but don't quote me on that. Registration for Summer and Fall classes starts soon, and I've made an appointment with an advisor for the week after break. I think there are at least one or two classes I can take toward my major at UNO over the Summer.

I finished reading The Atrocity Archives, which also has a short-story in it called The Concrete Jungle. Very good book. Very funny and sort of creepy. Or very creepy and sort of funny. Either way, I really like Charles Stross.

I now need a new book, though I suppose I should work on reading the book for the religions class for a while.

Tomorrow night (Friday), at Joslyn, Film Streams is showing The Passenger, a 1975 film starring Jack Nicholson which I've never heard of, but is supposed to be good. Once again, 7PM/$10.

And, finally, I'd like to formally, officially, welcome Alissa back to Omaha. I know her first week back didn't turn out exactly as planned, but, as they say, shit happens. If you always know what life is going to throw at you, it'd get pretty boring rather quickly, I imagine.

5 comments:

raptorpack said...

Dude, that totally sux. I don't want anybody or anything throwing anything at me...

P.S. duck

AliKat said...

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is good to be back. I do agree, life would be boring if shit didn't happen, but really can't I have at least one boring week? It kind of takes a toll on a girl after a while.
Do you really get that many anonymous comments? I agree though, they are annoying. I like the whole comment moderation thing. I guess I am just a control freak like that.
And congrats on the whole school thing. You are doing so well; you should be proud.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Who's been sending you hate mail?

--The God of Hellfire

1031 said...

Well, if I knew who it was, it wouldn't have been anonymous, would it? ;)

And it wasn't hate mail, per se, more like snarky and smartass. I just don't need any attitude from people who won't identify themselves.

becky said...

maybe they're just people, like me, who can't figure this blogger shit out for more than two seconds, and they meant to sign their name, and then they just forgot, or maybe i'm just giving people too much credit. that was weird. i'm sure it'll pass.