4/13/2006

Happy Passover

Tonight is the first night of yet another They-Tried-to-Kill-Us-But-We-Survived-So-Let's-Eat Jewish holidays. Hope everyone enjoyed watching The Ten Commandments and eating the matzo ball soup and gefilte fish.

I'm feeling better. I went back to the doctor's on Monday and we found out that I had a viral infection somewhat akin to bronchitis. I got me some shiny new meds and I appear to be on the mend. Still not 100%, though, but I'm getting there.

My final speech, which is next week, will be about Intelligent Design and how if certain people want the creation story taught in science classes, that's fine with me as long as they insist on teaching every faith's creation myths as well.

You want your Bible to sit at the big boy's table with the Big Bang and evolution, fine, but make room for everyone else. I'm going to talk about Hinduism, Scientology, Zoroastrianism and, of course, Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. After all, it's not fair to teach only one group's faerie tale as science.

Should be fun.

3 comments:

Angelkris said...

I was beginning to wonder about you- what with no update in almost a week. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Mick has an un-diagnosed case of a bronchitisy thing, but since this happens about once a year to him- he was able to get antibiotics and is quickly getting over it as well.

Your final speech sounds very interesting. I wonder- do you seem to find that the topics you choose are more advanced and stimulating than your fellow classmates? I remember taking that class my freshman year and nobody really chose topics of any great depth. Just curious.

1031 said...

Well, my first few speech topics dealt with comic books and their history, so I can't say they were all that advanced and/or stimulating. But I got a few laughs, so it's all good.

Some people in the class have done some very interesting topics, but for the most part, they've been relatively dull.

All I'm lookin' for from this last speech are laughs in the right places. Changing minds, well, that's a bit loftier than I think I can handle.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I miss the matzo balls! I'd make them all the time, pagan that I am, they're so good!

--The God of Hellfire