4/03/2006

Inside Man & Crash

Inside Man is a great, highly enjoyable movie. Very entertaining, very stylish. Great acting all around, with an interesting twist to end the movie. Didn't quite see that one coming. If I rated movies with my thumbs, this one would get two up. One of Spike Lee's best. Right up there, for me, with Do the Right Thing, Clockers and 25th Hour.

Crash was on Showtime last night. I don't remember the last time such a vastly overrated film won the Best Picture Oscar. Oy. It was so boring and predictable and sanctimonious and preachy. "Racism is bad, but not all racists are bad people." That seemed to be the message, if you can call it that.

Sure, it was well-acted and well-directed, but c'mon, it was insulting in its simplicity. Now that I've seen four out of the five Best Picture nominees, I'd have to say that Good Night, and Good Luck, Capote and Munich are all better, more meaningful films than Crash.

6 comments:

AliKat said...

I liked Crash. :P I think you may be the first person I know that didn't like it. Freak.

AliKat said...

And why did you go see Inside Man without me?

1031 said...

Went with the parents, sorry. They offered, I had nothin' else to do and I was kinda hungry, so I got theatre snacks for once.

Angelkris said...

I haven't seen any of those movies. I've wanted to see them, but it just hasn't happened yet.

AliKat said...

Okay, you are forgiven. :)
kris- I own Crash if you want to borrow it sometime.

ComicFanatic said...

No I'm pretty sure we saw Crash at home. It was a rental, I don't think we liked it.