4/25/2006

Viruses loooove me

I positively hate this time of year, the changing from winter to spring, when one day it's 75 degrees and sunny and the next it's 50 and rainy. Apparently I have a very poor immune system, too.

I was fine all of last week. Felt good, no aches or pains. (At least, no more than usual.) But then, Saturday night, I couldn't sleep for shit. Tossing and turning, sweating and freezing, yada yada yada. I woke up Sunday morning feeling, well, feeling like I felt a few weeks back. My throat was all sore and I was hacking up green crap all day.

I've pretty much lost all productivity the past couple of days. There's no way I can try and write anything (of substance), feeling like this. I can barely concentrate enough to write this, let alone read about Confucianism and Taoism and retain and comprehend enough to write a paper about them. It's not due til tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll feel better tonight, or tomorrow morning at the latest.

The best news of the weekend was getting to watch Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Saturday night (during which I felt fine). The CGI film is a sequel to what many consider to be the best RPG ever. It takes place two years after the events of the game. Thankfully the DVD comes with a 20 minute recap of the game. Unfortunately, said recap was a little difficult to follow, and it's been quite a few years since I beat the game, so I was still slightly lost, which didn't detract much from my enjoyment of the film.

The CGI alone makes it worth watching. It looks absolutely beautiful. I believe it was the same team of animators who worked on the first Final Fantasy film (you have to admit, regardless of the awful script, that movie looked amazing) and the Animatrix short, Final Flight of the Osiris. Even if you've never played the game, or didn't get very far in it, you can still follow and enjoy the movie, but there might be a few subtle plot points and references that might be over your head. Watching the movie really makes me want to go back and play the game again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hack up some disgusting, green slime from my throat. This is the life.

3 comments:

raptorpack said...

That sure is some crazy water.

AliKat said...

I am sorry you are feeling ill again. If I could I would give you some of my super immune system powers. I haven't been sick in like years.

Angelkris said...

Yeah for big green balls of phlem!! Really dude- that sucks. Being sick is no fun at all.