5/02/2006

And I'm back

Feeling better, though I've still got some crap in my chest. Should clear up in the next couple of days, I hope.

Today was my last day of classes at UNO. Two finals, sold some books back, looked into an on-campus job for the fall semester. I had a busy day.

The Metro quarter doesn't end for another few weeks yet, and then my summer UNO classes don't start up until the end of June.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to end up with A's in my two UNO classes. I won't say they were easy, but I enjoyed them so I actually paid attention, which, I suppose, did make them easier than if I had been bored and slept through each class. I really gotta hand it to my teachers for making the classes relatively fun. Sure, my attitude is different this time around, but if these classes had been boring, I don't know if I would have made it through the semester.

Pearl Jam's new album came out today. It is most excellent. I'd have to agree with most of the reviews I've read and say that this probably is their best album in a decade. There seems to be more passion and fire behind the lyrics and music.

The new one from Tool is out today, too, but I haven't listened to it yet. From the song I heard on the radio, it kind of sounds like their last album, which kind of sounded like the album before it. A little variety would be okay, guys.

Not much else goin' on today. Gotta do some work on this paper for my religions class.

Oh, this Friday at Joslyn, Film Streams is showing Jim Jarmusch's Down by Law. Same as before: movie starts at 7, $10 for a ticket.

And the following day, Saturday, is Free Comic Book Day. I'll probably be down at Krypton Comics for a couple hours. They're gonna have Stormtroopers and writer/artist Phil Hester signing autographs. Should be fun. Stop on by. You can't beat free comics.

No comments: