8/02/2006

Miami Vice

Let me qualify the following mini-review before I begin: I love Michael Mann films. I think he is one of the best directors working in Hollywood today. It is quite possible that he could film a car commercial and I would watch it over and over again.

With that out of the way...I really enjoyed the new film version of Miami Vice. It fits nicely with Mann's other recent gritty crime dramas, Heat and Collateral. He's got such a unique visual style. You can just tell when you're watching a Michael Mann movie.

The story was almost secondary for me with this movie, I was so mesmerized by the images floating by on the screen, but I think it holds up well enough for the film to be enjoyable. You simply have to pay attention and you'll understand everything.

And, yeah, that's about it. I need to get to bed so I can get up early, make some phone calls and finish my papers before I head to Chicago on Thursday. More on that later.

No comments: