8/16/2006

Oy, my head...

So I was chugging caffeine pretty regularly the past couple of weeks, starting with my trip to Chicago, and now it seems to have come back and smacked me in the head rather soundly. I've had an awful headache since last night. Coincidentally enough, I haven't had any Mt. Dew Code Red since Monday afternoon.

Throughout my recent collegiate studies I've drank maybe a bottle of something caffeinated twice a week, but no more than that. But in Chicago I was drinking a bottle at least once a day, if not more. Same in Pittsburgh. And now I've got to get this crap out of my system. I should feel better by tonight, tomorrow at the latest, but until then, this really sucks.

Finally saw Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. It recently premiered on HBO. What a funny movie. I didn't think I was going to laugh as much as I did, but it was so funny and absurd, what with the singing, dancing Oompa-Loompas and Johnny Depp's great performance. He cracked me up with all his mannerisms and tics. Very enjoyable film, that one.

I have to wait for the remainder of my financial aid monies to arrive before I can head to UNO for books and such, and I hope it turns up soon since classes start on Monday. My tuition was automatically paid this semester and then they send out a check for whatever's left over. I think I used to have to pick up the check from the financial aid office back in the day, but things change, I suppose.

Other than the headache I feel sufficiently rested from the recent trips. Got the car washed yesterday, and my back cracked. Laundry is beginning to pile up, though. I'll either take care of that today or tomorrow. I should swing by the comic book store since I haven't been there since before Chicago. You know what's great about comics? It's like every week is a holiday and there's a new present waiting for you.

3 comments:

raptorpack said...

I love the remake. I don't care what people say. Tim Burton did an excellent job (like always). I hope they think about doing the sequel, "The Great Glass Elevator"

becky said...

if i remember corretly, the check does not arrive before school starts, but a week or two in. just to let you know...

1031 said...

Showed up today, actually. Hee hee hee. :)