9/19/2006

Yo-ho-ho

I have not been feeling too hot lately. My head's been cloudy and my allergies have been annoying the hell out of me. I woke up with a horrid headache this morning, too. Meds haven't done anything to fix any of the problems either.

I was feeling this way over the weekend, which meant I didn't get a whole lot of work done for class. This morning I finished the story for my creative writing class that was due today, and I've barely started the news feature for my news writing class. My head's just not in it. Can't concentrate when I feel all this (literal) pressure in my skull.

I think it's the weather. We still had some 80 degree days last week and then boom, straight to 60. No gradual slope for us. Summer to autumn in a day and a half. Seasonal changes always fuck with my head, which is why I'd like to live somewhere with no seasons, like San Diego.

Did I mention I ended up with a 94 on that astronomy test of a couple weeks ago? Cause I did. I made a couple stupid errors, otherwise it would've been a wee bit higher. Oh well.

I guess I don't know much else. Tomorrow is my first Small Group Comm test, which should be relatively easy, I think. Hopefully my head will be clear enough for me to actually study.

The Steelers offense looked abysmal last night against Jacksonville. I knew it'd be a tough game, but a shutout? That was unexpected. Hat's off to the Jaguars' defense. They certainly earned the win. Not that Pittsburgh's defense wasn't good. They only gave up nine points (would've been six if not for the first interception Roethlisberger threw late in the fourth quarter). Next week is a huge game against 2-0 Cincinnati.

Also, today is international Talk Like A Pirate Day, which I assume must be a holiday of some kind for us Pastafarians, seeing as how pirates are the chosen people and all.

So, you know, don't forget to talk like a pirate. And barring that, at least be sure to watch some pirates. Or, better yet, watch these pirates.

Aargh, I love bein' a pirate.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Hope that fabulous head of yours gives you some relief soon!
(Only 42 more days until 10-31)

Boston Jen said...

My mom has the same headaches when the weather changes - or if a thunderstorm is coming... which I'm sure sucks. I had a headache yesterday (and I never get headaches) from about noon to 6 p.m., so I know how you feel about not being able to get work done!