10/25/2006

Weekend plans

A lot of this is tentative. I've no idea if I'm going to be able to do everything, but in a semi-perfect world, this is how the weekend would break down:

Friday - Get oil changed at 11:15 a.m. Maybe check out a movie after that if I have time (The Prestige or Flags of Our Fathers, preferably). There is an art show downtown featuring some of the guys 'n gals of Liquid Courage and other local artists. Everyone should come cause it'll be wicked cool:

Friday, October 27, from 7-11 p.m.
Rebel Interactive Studio
1217 S. 13th St.


After party-type thing at the 49er (49th and Dodge).

Saturday - Hopefully I'll have a chance to head down to KC for a few hours for this little comic con. A few writers I'd really like to say 'hi' to will be there (Brubaker, Fraction, Kelly Sue and Jason Aaron). The con ends at 5:00, so I should be back in town in time for Becky and TJ and Jason's Halloween party at Dawn's house (confusing, isn't it?), though I can say, without a doubt, that I will not be dressing up. Why? Because I haven't dressed up for Halloween since elementary school and I'd like to keep my streak alive. Regardless, a fun time shall be had by all.

Sunday - I think the Steelers play a late game this week, at 3:15. There is also the potential for World Series Game 7 to be played this night, unless the Cardinals can (hopefully) win the next two games in St. Louis tonight and tomorrow night. My father made dinner reservations for the family (my parents, my sister and her family, and, of course, myself) at Biaggi's, for my annual birthday dinner. We're having it a couple days early because, well, it's more convenient, really. I'm on campus all day Tuesday, from about 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., so we can't do dinner then. Plus, it's Halloween, after all, and the little kiddies need to be able to go out and get candy from strangers.

So that's the weekend in a nutshell, if all goes according to plan. I suppose, somewhere in there, I should do some writing for school, too. But who wants to work on the weekend?

No comments: