12/31/2006

Happy New Year?

Somehow, I get the feeling that 2007 is going to be worse than 2006. Maybe not for me personally, but in the context of the world as a whole. I just don't see it, the light at the end of the tunnel. Not yet, anyway.

For me, I'm sure 2007 will be fine. Not good, not bad, balancing nicely in the middle. Every year has its ups and downs, y'know? It's just a matter of when they happen and how you deal with them.

Looking back, 2006 was...365 days long. I went to school. That's about it. The trips to Chicago and Pittsburgh were fun. Jennie's and Dave's wedding was great. Other than that...school. I got my GPA nearly up to a 3.0 (it's at 2.979 right now). First time it's been that high since my first year of school at Youngstown State, lo those many years ago.

I think I'd like to say I had a bit more of a social life this past year, but hey, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I spent time with my friends, of course, but that special someone never did quite knock on my door (nevermind about the gal in North Carolina, cause I still have no idea what the hell happened there). Which is fine. I don't know if I have the attention span right now to devote to someone, which is, of course, incredibly easy to say when I don't have someone to devote my attention to.

2007 will, I think, be more of the same. More classes (only three semesters to go!). More short road trips (I'm gonna get to Minneapolis sometime this year, I promise). Anything else that happens will be purely accidental.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year (especially tonight and early tomorrow morning). I hope that the world stops being crazy, even though I know that's never going to happen. Never think that things can't get any worse, because they always can. The most we can truly hope for is that, regardless of the twists and turns life throws at us, we hold on tight with both hands and don't let go.

No comments: