1/27/2007

And we'll be right back

I woke up this morning with the worst back pain I think I've ever felt. The pain itself woke me up sometime between 7 and 7:30, and I was, well, not quite paralyzed with pain, because I was able to move around, but no matter how I moved, the pain stayed with me. I was practically writhing around on my bed in a futile attempt to make the pain subside, or, at the very least, lessen. But it wouldn't let go its grasp.

At around 7:45, I made my way downstairs and popped a couple of Aleve, with the hope that they would relieve the constant, sharp throbbing, which they perhaps did do, but not before the pain became so unbearable that I woke my father and he drove me to the small medical center over near Oak View, Clarkson something-or-other. And, of course, as we walked toward the emergency entrance, my back felt amazingly better, the way it normally feels, which, as we all know, is not pain-free, but the usual, manageable level that I've learned to live with.

I don't know if it was the Aleve finally kicking in an hour after I took it, or what, but my back has felt normal (for me) ever since. So I suppose it was a wasted trip to the med center, but better safe than sorry, right?

I'm still trying to figure out what triggered this pain this morning, whatever it was. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday, nothing that should have strained my back to the extent that it'd be all tight and firing nerves this morning. I went to sleep a little after one this morning, then six hours later, I'm forced awake by this godawful agony spread throughout my lower and middle back.

If I never feel that kind of ... discomfort ... again, it'll be too soon.

No comments: