2/08/2007

Bloody hell

I woke up at 3:30 this morning with some mild discomfort in my back, which quickly turned into out-and-out pain, the same kind of pain I was feeling a couple weeks back, although this time it was located only on my right side instead of my entire lower back.

I popped a couple Aleve at 3:35, writhed around in pain for about a half hour while waiting for the meds to kick in, and finally was able to get back to sleep at 4:20ish. Then I woke up at 7:12, three minutes before my alarm was set to go off, and the pain was back. I made my way downstairs for another couple Aleve before hopping into the shower.

Since this pain felt so similar to the agony of a couple weeks ago, I sort of knew what to expect as I stood before the toilet for my morning piss, and I was not disappointed: bloody urine again. Wheeee!

Obviously, there's something screwy with my kidneys, but when I went to my doctor last week, he couldn't find anything. There was nothing in the urine sample I gave him except urine and blood. Nothing in the blood that would indicate any sort of problem ... other than the fact that there was blood in my urine, of course.

So, I dunno. The pain has become sort of a dull background noise, but I know it might flare up at any time. My doctor isn't in his office today, but I'll call anyway, and leave a message, and he should get back to me in short order. At least I have nothing pressing happening in my classes today. People are presenting their case studies in media ethics and we're in the first round of our mock interviews in, you guessed it, the interviewing class, and I already went on Tuesday, so I'd just be a spectator today if I make it that far.

Right now, I don't know if I can sit in the car on the drive down to the parking garage. I don't know if I can make it with my back feeling like this. Might as well give it a shot, though. What else am I supposed to do, right?

1 comment:

raptorpack said...

Kidney trouble?...Back pain?...Come see the doctor T.

Seriously thought, I am non-expert expert on back pain and kidney problems...being hospitalized for both before.