5/15/2007

Colorado-a-go-go

So I'm in Denver. I left Omaha at nine yesterday morning and pulled into the driveway of my brother's house a little after four local time. It was a long drive. My back really started killing me after about four or five hours. I was ready to pop some pain meds while driving, but figured I should wait 'til I got here.

While driving (sorry, no "America @ 80 MPH" photos taken yesterday - you've all seen Nebraska, flatter than a girl with the body of a 12-year-old boy), I went through about nine CDs. I've really mastered the art of switching out CDs while flying down the highway.

My playlist yesterday consisted of:

Bad Religion - All Ages

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Social Distortion - Mainliner, Mommy's Little Monster, Prison Bound, Social Distortion, Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell, White Light, White Heat, White Trash, Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll

and

Tool - 10,000 Days

Yes, I listened to every Social Distortion album I have, in chronological order.

My brother and his wife and kids all seem to be doing well. (I put a picture of my Denver-based niece and nephew on Flickr.) While Bill's at work and Charlize is at school, Luann, Logan and I are gonna go do ... something. Something that'll hopefully tire him out. So I should take off.

More tomorrow night, maybe, from wherever I end up after another day of driving.

2 comments:

rose said...

Hope the rest of your trip is equally smooth. Give us a call when you make it to L.A. We'll have to plan your weekend visit!

raptorpack said...

You know, your discription of Nebraska reminds me of someone...I can't quite place it...hmm all of the sudden my shoulders ache...I could use a...HEY! I rememeber :)