5/16/2007

Gallup, New Mexico

After I got past Lincoln on Monday, I didn't really have much traffic to deal with on the interstate. There were many times when I appeared to be the only car on the road, which was definitely fine with me. Of course, that all changed once I got off I-76 and merged with Denver/Boulder traffic on my way to my brother's place. I got into town about an hour before what I generally think of as "rush hour," yet it was pretty bumper-to-bumper until I turned off onto the main street my brother lives off of (that is a horrible sentence).

I pulled out of the driveway this morning at 8, got gas, and was on the highway at approximately 8:20. Needless to say, the morning rush hour was in full swing. Traffic was pretty heavy until I got past Colorado Springs (I drove past Cheyenne Mountain, home of the SGC - hee hee hee). For most of today's driving, traffic wasn't too bad at all. There were a few bottlenecks, due to construction, but I drove about 600 miles in nine and a half hours (including a few stops for food and bodily functions), which isn't too shabby, if I do say so myself.

There will be numerous pictures on the Flickr site a little bit later. I need to transfer them to my computer first, but Bones is on in a minute, and then I need to get some dinner, so, you know, after that. Fear not, though, "America @ 80 MPH" is alive and well.

Today's playlist:

Rancid - Let's Go, ... And Out Come the Wolves, Life Won't Wait

Rage Against the Machine - Renegades

Deadsy - Commencement

Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere

The Good, the Bad & the Queen - The Good, the Bad & the Queen

Gorillaz - Gorillaz, Demon Days

Gravity Kills - Gravity Kills

More later.

No comments: