7/11/2007

Two Weeks 'til Nerdi Gras!

I was feeling much less pain in my back Monday morning, only to have my neck start to ache. I must've slept on it wrong. It's feeling better by today, though there are still a few aches and pains. Sleeping on a futon for the past month and a half has been taking its toll, I suppose. I look forward to returning to Omaha, to sleeping on my own bed.

Two weeks from now we'll be caravaning our way down the 405 toward San Diego. I'm not sure how many cars/trucks we're going to have. At least two, I would think, for all the equipment and people. Mike Nelson suggested renting a U-Haul trailer to hitch to somebody's truck, which is probably a great idea.

Cody and Chip met a couple nights ago to further hash out the details from the bigger meeting Friday night. And I'm just along for the ride. Whatever needs done, whatever I can do, I'll take care of.

Despite the stress and madness of San Diego, I'm looking forward to it. There's a live art party Friday night with Jim Mahfood, David Mack, Ashley Wood and a bunch of other artists and DJs. That should be a wonderful stress reliever. Saturday night is the CBLDF auction, which I think I'll try to volunteer at. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do for the Fund this year, because I'm technically going to be in San Diego with BOOM!, but I'd like to offer my services for at least a few hours over the weekend. I don't really have much money to donate, and when I can't donate cash, I donate my time. Though I'm sure they're going to have something at their booth that I'm going to want to buy, so I might end up handing over both time and money.

CBR is looking for reporters for the convention, too. I'd like to do some work with them again, like I did last year in Chicago, but I don't think I'm going to have any time for attending panels and writing articles. I'll contact Jonah anyway, and let him know I'll be around.

If you look at the programming schedule for the convention, it's utter madness. There is so much going on during these four days, if I had the time, I wouldn't know where to begin. I would almost just want to curl up in a ball in the corner and weep, it's that overwhelming. But, I'll have a schedule at the BOOM! booth, so I won't have time to think about all the cool stuff I'll be missing. The two things I'd really like to attend are a Neil Gaiman panel and a Warren Ellis panel. I'm not sure I'll be able to check out Neil's Q&A, but the Ellis one isn't until 9:00 Saturday night, and the CBLDF auction should be finished by then (I hope).

I suppose I should get to work. If anyone wants to come out to San Diego and work at the BOOM! booth in a couple weeks, you just let me know.

No comments: