9/20/2007

Jekyll

Y'all need to watch this BBC show called Jekyll. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's a modern day version, a sequel, if you will, to Robert Louis Stevenson's classic novel, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The six episode series is about a research scientist, Tom Jackman, and his slow, terrifying realization that the body he inhabits is not his alone, but something he must share with his dark alter ego.

The lead actor, James Nesbitt, plays both Dr. Jackman and the creature who comes to be known as Mr. Hyde, and he's just so amazing. In the blink of an eye he goes from somewhat nerdy, mild-mannered nebbish to horrific, rabid monster. He straightens his posture, slicks back his hair, changes his vocal inflections, and suddenly he's this whole other person. He's utterly brilliant in the role.

I honestly can't recommend this show highly enough. Buy it, rent it, download it, do whatever you gotta do to see this show.

In other news, I'm sick. Again. Second time this year? Maybe third. Throat's getting a bit sore, nose is equally stuffed up and runny, and my head is all fuzzy. Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. It's probably just a cold, but better safe than sorry. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning and be able to go in to work, but right now I know that I'd much rather stay in bed all morning.

No comments: