9/19/2007

Whatever...

Does anyone outside the media actually give a shit about O.J. Simpson and his latest run-in with police? I sure as hell don't. No one I've asked in person about this gives a shit, yet every channel, whether it's a sports channel or a regular news channel, is covering this like he killed someone. And we all know that's sooooo 12 years ago.

My grandmother's memory issues seem a bit more pronounced upon her return from visiting my brother's family with my parents and sister this past weekend. I'm not quite sure where to begin, with her wondering who my mother was or with her worrying about my nephew, asking who he belongs to and fretting over him like he's some Dickensian waif with no home or family to take care of him. It's starting to get pretty ridiculous. She doesn't eat when she's by herself. When she walks, it's like she's drunk, staggering this way and that, clinging to the wall for support.

I finished William Gibson's Spook Country over the weekend. Great book. One of his best. I then began Greg Rucka's newest Atticus Kodiak novel, Patriot Acts, which I should be done with by the end of the week. His books are always quick reads.

I suppose I should head to campus. More later...

1 comment:

AliKat said...

At first I thought he had killed someone again since all the reports I saw were so vague and I only half cared. This world had gone to shit. Did you see the student that got tased at the Kerry speech? Sure he was a little worked up, but not really out of line. I think they charged him with causing a riot when the "riot" was over them arresting and tasing him. WTF? I should just go back to my happy little movie/tv on dvd world and stop flipping to the news.