10/18/2007

Long day

We got out of Critical Writing early tonight. The instructor has to be on a plane at some ungodly hour, like, between 4 and 5 a.m. So I got home a little before 8:30 and my father is sitting in the living room watching Grey's Anatomy (I can't sit in there with him, because I missed a half hour of the show and have to download it later tonight so I can watch the whole thing from beginning to end).

And I'm sitting here in front of my computer, checking on today's downloads (the entire season of Mad Men!), and what sound do I hear coming from the other room? Riotous laughter from my father, which is something I don't think I've heard for a while. Or paid attention to, at least.

I had forgotten how nice a sound it can be.

1 comment:

raptorpack said...

The best medicine...that and dopamine...lots and lots of dopamine.