12/23/2007

Favorite Films of 2007

Everyone loves lists, right? Of course they do. Why else would so many publications print year-end best-of lists in the first place? And why should I be any different?

Movies first, then I'll toss up a post about books next week.

And so, in no particular order, except for, perhaps, chronological:

Children of Men (my review)
Pan's Labyrinth (my review)
The Lives of Others (my review)
The Lookout (my review)
The Bourne Ultimatum
Eastern Promises (my review)
Gone Baby Gone (my review)
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men (my review)
American Gangster
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (my review)
Juno (my review)
Charlie Wilson's War (my review)

Odds are I missed something, forgot something. I didn't count movies I watched on DVD, just those seen in the theatre throughout the year. I still need to see Charlie Wilson's War, Atonement, I Am Legend and Juno this year, hopefully during the coming week, so the list might have to be amended before New Year's.

::Edited to add Juno and Charlie Wilson's War to the list - 12/25/07::

1 comment:

ComicFanatic - Mick said...

I just saw I am Legend. It was fantastic, but nothing like the book.

I also would like to see Atonement, Charlie Wilson's War, and Juno.