5/07/2008

One month later ...

It's been a month since I last wrote a post for the blog. My reasons for taking such an extended time away are numerous and varied, but the main reason is probably that I've been feeling pretty burnt out. This was not an easy semester for me, though I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. When the semester began, I thought I was going to be graduating this month, on Friday, to be precise. But it turned out that I'm a few credits short, hence the two classes I'm taking this summer, hence the graduation in August. And then ... who knows? I've felt equally exasperated, exhausted and lifeless this semester. I can only hope I can hold it together for these last two classes, and for the endless job search that's sure to follow. Even now, with a month between the end of these classes and the beginning of the new ones, I feel worn out, worn through, threadbare. I want to get out of here, recharge, refresh, but I don't know where I could go to "get away from it all." I worry so much, so often, I don't think I've ever gotten away from it all. Something I need to work on, to be sure. Anyway, more later, when I'm more coherent and less rambly.

2 comments:

Kit10 said...

I had to re-read a couple of times, thinking "oh my goodness did I write that?" I think in someways the end is always hardest because you are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes it doesn't seem to be getting any closer.
Our door is always open...
~k

Becky said...

The last bit is difficult, especially when it comes later than you initially plannned for; it's painful to go through to the end after that. But the feeling you have after you get that degree, the one that did not come easily or as expected, is more fulfilling than I thought it would be. You'll get through it. ;)