6/23/2008

Gradumatation

So I applied for my degree today. Graduation is in less than two months, August 15. I'm almost halfway through my first summer class, Principles of Public Relations. Our first test is Wednesday. I'm feeling fairly confident so far. With the class being only five weeks long, the schedule is really compressed, so we don't go over material so much as the teacher points to certain chapters and pages in the text book and says, "I'd take a look at this if I were you." Then he takes off his glasses, throws his head back and kind of laughs maniacally for a few seconds. Not quite sure what that's all about. Guess I'll find out Wednesday.

It felt a little weird actually applying for the degree (and, you know, paying the university even more money for the pleasure). It's just one of those things, another marker along the way to being done with school. (Undergrad, anyway. If I don't land a job this year, hey, there's always grad school.)

3 comments:

Blarney said...

Wahey!

No time left at all now, but fuck, don't you guys get any summer break at all!?

1031 said...

Heh, this is my summer break.

kristieh said...

i hear ya, brothe'. i'm in awe of the fact that this crap is over august 15. it's weird.

congrats! wish i could partay with you!